All I want for 2015 is a Free/Open Source Software social network which is:
- easy to register on (no reCaptcha disability-discriminator or similar, a simple openID, activation emails that actually arrive);
- has an email help address or online support or phone number or something other than the website which can be used if the registration system causes a problem;
- can email when things happen that I might be interested in;
- can email me summaries of what’s happened last week/month in case they don’t know what they’re interested in;
- doesn’t email me too much (but this is rare);
- interacts well with other websites (allows long-term members to post links, sends trackbacks or pingbacks to let the remote site know we’re talking about them, makes it easy for us to dent/tweet/link to the forum nicely, and so on);
- isn’t full of spam (has limits on link-posting, moderators are contactable/accountable and so on, and the software gives them decent anti-spam tools);
- lets me back up my data;
- is friendly and welcoming and trolls are kept in check.
Is this too much to ask for? Does it exist already?